Municipalities are increasingly establishing wholly-owned, ring-fenced, water utilities for the provision of water services to their communities.
The benefit of incorporating collective resources under one accountable department ensures that municipalities enjoy uninterrupted access to all the strategic planning capabilities that they need to achieve their objectives.
WSSA’s approach includes:
- Improving service levels and standards.
- Involvement on senior management level.
- Gradual withdrawal over the term of the contract.
- Optimising the refurbishment and capital works programmes.
- Ensuring permanent employees are trained to replace positions.
- Training and development of all operational and maintenance staff.
- Managing the transition, re-organisation and transformation processes.
- Development and implementation of strategic systems and procedures.
- Providing interim experts and specialists required to complete the process.
- Improving CRM, community awareness and communication programmes.