South Africa is a semi-arid country that receives rainfall below the world’s average. Water institutions are required to maintain water loss at 15%. WSSA has assisted Water Services Authorities to implement the WCDM strategy.
WSSA offers an integrated programme for the implementation, management and monitoring of the WCDM initiatives against the international and project specific benchmarks.
WSSA provide the following expertise:
- Key account management.
- Pressure management interventions.
- Management of unaccounted for water.
- Infrastructure maintenance & upgrades.
- Ongoing water audits and water balances.
- Leak control management, detection & repair.
- Establishment of district and zone metering areas.
- Meter reading, billing and treasury improvements.
- Reticulation upgrades and service level improvements.
- Installation system monitoring controls and instrumentation.
- Field work, data logging, night flow monitoring & assessments.
- Network analyses, operational and hydraulic modelling & surge analyses.
- Replacement and upgrading consumer metering and efficiencies.
- Customer and call centre awareness.
- Social interventions.