WSSA has been extremely successful in the provision of technical assistance, management, operational and maintenance services to numerous municipalities.
Operation and Maintenance (O&M) management encompasses both water and wastewater systems. O&M contracts usually have duration of between three to five years, but can be extended if required. During the period of the contract, WSSA assumes responsibility for management, operation and maintenance of the infrastructure from abstraction at the raw water source through to the treatment works, bulk storage, distribution networks and collection systems.
The Operation & Maintenance services include:
- Asset Management & Expansion
- Assessments and recommendations.
- Repair and refurbishment of equipment, structures and buildings.
- Project management of large municipal capital works programmes.
- Operations Management
- Management of water and wastewater systems.
- Provide technical support to community-based organisations.
- Developing and implementing water demand management initiatives.
- Process and chemical optimisation.
- Maintenance and repairs
- Development of maintenance plans./li>
- Provide routine, preventative and emergency maintenance services.
- Co-ordinate and monitor contractors, subcontractors and SMMEs providing repair services.
- Financial, Administrative & CRM Support Services
- Meter reading and billing.
- Call Centre management.